Wednesday 31 October 2012

Blondie vs Brownie


This past week has been a wonderful one! 

We had a fantastic weekend.

As you may know, when Ben and I got married and everything became "ours" I definitely got the most benefit. Ben has this wonderful contraption called a digital-SLR. He has a camera, quite a good one, and he's taken some pretty impressive pictures with it in his time, such as the one on the left. (If he won't blog about himself, I'll just have to keep doing it for him!). 

This year, in April he had the opportunity to do his first ever engagement shoot. My sister and her then boyfriend, now husband, got engaged by a lighthouse on a weekend when we were close by and we thought it'd be fun to get some pictures of them in that spot. These weren't their "official" engagement photographs but the pictures that Ben took were beautiful and had the added bonus of being in the spot where the question was asked and accepted. 

This photograph was taken when Ben was lying on his stomach on the path, making me question whether there is anything this man wouldn't do for a great picture! 
This weekend he got a chance to repeat that experience as two of our friends recently got engaged. Actually,  it was my best friend growing up who is now engaged to the girl, a great friend of Ben's, who introduced Ben and I. It's exciting because though we don't see them a lot, they're practically family. 

Anyway, we went out with them on Saturday and I played the part of photographer's assistant as Ben captured the moment for them. Sometimes, I was even trusted with the camera and I got a few pictures that I was really proud of. I hope they don't mind this sneak preview! 

On the evening Ben and I went out for a meal with both sets of parents. We ended up going to our favourite Indian restaurant. I totally recommend it! We had a lot of fun and didn't even have time to worry about the following day... 

Sunday arrived upon us with an hour's respite and then it was church (always a highlight) and then home for Ben to cook for his parents for the first time. I don't need to tell you- it was a massive success. He'd cooked the mexican dish in the week so we knew it would be a hit. What I was more worried about was my cheesecake- after a day in the fridge, it just hadn't set completely. Nonetheless it was totally tasty in the end! It was yummy food, accomplishments we never dreamed of and great company- I love having family and friends in our home. Invite yourself over, we'd be happy to have you!  


 Yesterday we got to entertain yet again as my sister (Charly) came over for a visit and dinner. Ben cooked posh bangers and mash which is definitely a favourite with us. I racked my brain and searched the internet for a recipe to use for a delicious dessert.

I've always been a fan of brownies: the gooey texture, the massive amounts of sugar, the slightly crunchy surface and the rich chocolaty flavour. However, I'd never made blondies. It seems obvious now that the only way that brownies could become better would be to be less brown.... and more blonde! In finding this recipe, I also think I've stumble across a new favourite website. The moment I tasted them I became completely converted. You have to make them! I served them up with vanilla ice-cream and raspberries.

So, I think that's my love-affair with brownies over.
From this day on blonde is the best - as if there's ever been a doubt!

p.s. To any brunettes who may be offended by this post: here you go!  ;) Just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!